The Site is the property of the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation (“Foundation”, “us”, or “we”) and/or its vendors and licensors.
All content on our website, except for photos, logos, and publications, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 United States License (“Creative Commons License”). As more fully described in the linked site, this license permits you to copy, distribute, and display such content so long as you mention and link back to the Foundation and do not change the content or use it commercially.
Photos, logos, and publications on this Site are not licensed under the Creative Commons License; they are copyrighted and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Foundation, or if such content has been furnished by a third party, by such third party. All trademarks and service marks, used in this Site are the trademarks and service marks of Foundation or their respective owners and may not be used without prior written consent of the Foundation or their respective owners.
You may not use automated systems (e.g., robots, spiders, etc.) to access the Site. You agree not to collect personally identifiable information of other users of the Site or to sell or otherwise exploit that information.
- Your License to Us; Content. Any communications, content, video, or other material of any kind that you e-mail, post, upload, store, or transmit through the Site, including, questions, comments, suggestions, and other data and information (your “Content”) will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You grant the Foundation a non-exclusive, perpetual, world-wide, irrevocable license to reproduce, transmit, display, disclose, create derivative works of, perform, and otherwise use and exploit your Content on the Site or elsewhere for our business purposes in all media now known or later developed. We are free to use any ideas, concepts, techniques, know-how in your Content for any purpose, including, but not limited to, the development and use of products and services based on the Content.
- Your Obligations. You represent and warrant that you have all right, title, and interest necessary to post your Content to the Site and grant the rights provided above. You will not provide any Content that (i) violates the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other rights of any individual or entity; (ii) is defamatory, obscene, threatening, harassing, or offensive; or (iii) violates any law, regulation, or rule. Foundation may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas of the Site where user Content may be made available, including, but not limited to, chat rooms, discussion areas, bulletin boards, and other user forums. Foundation, however, will have no liability related to the Content or your access to or use of any other user’s Content, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, defamation, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. Foundation retains the right to remove, in its sole discretion, without notice, Content that includes any material deemed abusive, defamatory, obscene, illegal, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Infringement Notices. As provided in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, we have designated the following individual for notification of potential copyright infringement regarding the site:
Attention: Sasha Abrams, Legal Department, firstname.lastname@example.org, 650.213.3000 or 1661 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, CA, 94304.
If you believe content available through the Site infringes a copyright, please provide the following information to the person identified above (17 U.S.C. § 512):
a. A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or authorized agent;
b. Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed;
c. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
d. Information regarding how we may contact you (e.g., mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address);
e. A statement that the copyright owner or its authorized agent has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and
f. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and made under penalty of perjury, and, if an agent is providing the notification, a statement that the agent is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Warranty Disclaimer. THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, AND TITLE/NONINFRINGEMENT.YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND HYPERLINKED WEB SITES.
- Limitation of Liability. FOUNDATION AND ITS AFFILIATES, VENDORS, LICENSORS, AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITE ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE, AND/OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND/OR HYPERLINKED WEB SITES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES.APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Accuracy and Integrity of Information. Although Foundation attempts to ensure the integrity and accurateness of the Site, it makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site. It is possible that the Site could include typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Site by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform Foundation so that it can be corrected. Information contained on the Site may be changed or updated without notice.
- Links or Pointers to Other Sites. Foundation makes no representations whatsoever about any other Web site that you may access through this Site. When you access a non-Foundation site, please understand that it is independent from Foundation, and that Foundation has no control over the content on that Web site. In addition, a hyperlink to a non-Foundation Web site does not mean that Foundation endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of the linked site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use or download is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.