Personal Information That We Collect
Information Related to Grants, Grantee Organizations and the Services. You can provide contact information to us through our website by going to the Contact Us page and sending us an email at the email address provided. You also provide contact information to us when you email or call us, when you sign-up for our communications, interact with our social media pages, when you participate in conferences that we sponsor or co-sponsor, and when you submit grant applications on behalf of your organization or respond to follow-up and ongoing requests. We sometimes receive your information from others, such as from grantee organizations where you are involved in the grant and/or underlying project.
Information Related to Our Contractors, Consultants, and Vendors. We also collect contact information from the businesses with which we do business, including representatives and contacts from our contractors, consultants and vendors.
How We Use and Share Your Information
We may use the information that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries or otherwise contact you about the Foundation.
- To maintain our records regarding grants that we make and associated individuals.
- To provide you with information about grant opportunities.
- To communicate with you about the grants that we make, including use of the funds that we provide and request reports from your organization.
- To personalize your and your organization’s experience with the Foundation, including to suggest and provide information about educational materials that may be of interest to you.
- To complete grant agreements and documentation.
- To send grant agreements and documentation to you for review or signature.
- To administer the Services and communication notices, updates, and other information regarding the Services, or to provide other information to you about the Sites.
- For financial and accounting purposes, including tax withholding and reporting.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders or other valid legal processes, to protect the rights or property of the Foundation.
We will share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Foundation if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- To provide the Sites and Services.
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Foundation, our users, partners or the public as required or permitted by law.
Access, Correction and Deletion and Your Choices
We respect your right to access and correct your personal information. You may also exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete or restrict access to your personal data. We may need to retain it for legally permitted purposes and this will be explained to you if necessary.
If you need assistance correcting or updating your personal information, or would like to request that we delete your personal information, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you sign up for our mailing list, we will send you emails about the work of the Foundation. At any time, you can ‘unsubscribe’ yourself from our email list simply by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button.
Please note that as a non-profit organization, the Foundation is not subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act and many similar state privacy laws. However, we are committed to honoring privacy rights requests where possible.
Visitors from Outside the United States — Cross-Border Transfer
Security of Your Information
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Sites are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any unencrypted confidential information through these means.
Right to Lodge Complaints
We are transparent about the ways in which we collect and use personal information, and welcome your questions and concerns. If you have any concern or complaint about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us as described below. To the extent you believe we have not addressed your concerns or otherwise choose to do so, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country where you reside and/or the United States. You may contact the US Federal Trade Commission regarding your concerns. For more information, please see https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc.
Questions and How to Contact Us
Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
1661 Page Mill Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304