Bay Area leaders join to support baylands restoration and flood improvement
Apr. 12, 2012
Palo Alto, Calif. — Senator Feinstein and Bay Area leaders--including Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation President Steve McCormick--today announced the formation of a public-private partnership to support critical restoration and flood improvements for the San Francisco Bay region. Please see below for links to more information about the partnership and related media coverage.
Restoring habitat and improving flood protection supports fish and wildlife, filters pollutants, creates buffers from sea level rise and storm surge impacts, and provides recreational and educational opportunities to millions of Bay Area residents. Bay Area foundations, Senator Feinstein, and public agencies had previously invested in the acquisition and initial restoration and stewardship of Bayside lands to restore their ecological values and improve flood control. Now, Bay Area leaders are coming together to support policies and funding to restore habitat and improve flood protection.
- Chuck Reed, Mayor, San Jose
- Linda LeZotte, Chair, Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Andy Ball, President and CEO, Webcor Builders and Bay Area Council Executive Committee
- Carl Guardino, President and CEO, Silicon Valley Leadership Group
- David Lewis, Executive Director, Save The Bay
- Michael Mantell, Attorney, Resources Law Group
- Sam Schuchat, Executive Officer, California Coastal Conservancy
- Jim Wunderman, President and CEO, Bay Area Council